My twin sister JessicaÂ is currently in Toronto visiting from Hong Kong. I hadn’t seen her in 1.25 years. Before she arrived, we talked about all kinds of fun things we wanted to do, like:
- crochet more Underwear Tigers
- make delicious food
- eat delicious food
- see all kinds of old friends
- make stickers
- have creative jams
- watch a bunch of Korean horror movies
- eat a lot of Salt & Fresh Ground Pepper Kettle Brand chips
- come up with stories for Underwear Tiger
- dress up Underwear Tiger for Halloween
- make LOTS of music… enough music to kill the neighbours. And Evan.
Did we do any of it?? ? ? ??? ?
. . .
Anyway, we really were anticipating making all kinds of music together, but we only just got around to making some noise. So here is a cover of that song “Let’s Get Together” from the originalÂ Parent Trap movie. IMHO, Jessica has become a phenomenal ukulele player in our time apart. But I wouldn’t know uke from a cuke, so what do I know?
Oh, and the last time we performed this was 15 years ago at our good friend Jess Chin’s house when we were 11. I think we even had a “dance.”
I hope she doesn’t kill me for posting this here!
One response to “let’s get together”
I love this! You harmonize so well!